TW Raven Owners: Set Up Questions

Through the magic of sweet talk, I turned my Orbe into a Raven and mounted my Graham 2.2/Benz LP.
I am looking for a isolation base for the Raven. I have a 1 3/8" piece of granite coming soon so I can ditch the MDF I use now (a temp. meas.!) Symposium, SRA, HRS, etc., can anyone share their experiences with isolation bases? I saw the thread about loosening the Stillpoints.
Initially I had an issue with using the rough side of belt. The belt shimmied up/down on the pulley at a specific spot on belt. Also, the speed fluctuated and I could never get it dialed in with the PSU. So, I went to the smooth side of the belt and then raising the back side of the motor (unscrewing one of the isolation feet) slightly moving the belt down from "center" on the pulley. This moved me from 33.2 to 33.3 and I have no more belt shimmying and the speed is rock solid.
I'd appreciate any tips/tricks etc.
gerardff

Showing 2 responses by sunnyboy1956

I have experimented with a variety of mounting possibilities for my TW AC 1, starting with a granite base(not good, a bit of ringing) to a HRS platform sitting atop an acrylic stand( not recommended). The AC1 has been tweaked with a BN PSU and motor. This required more real estate and led to a wall mounted 2.5" mdf shelf on brass cantilevers. Wall mounting is by far the best if it works for you. The AC rests on a HRS platform while the BN motor has a separate mdf platform and the whole package is on a wall mounted mdf shelf that can support upwards of a 100 kg !
Any of the well known iso platforms should work well. I would urge caution regd the feet. Any hint of rubber or non metal in contact with the feet can deaden the sound ,as I discovered. I have the HRS couplers that consist of a round metallic plate with rubber dampers on either side. Initially, I had the 3 TW footers resting on the metallic coupler sans the rubber damper on top.Sounded good but removing HRS couplers led to dramatic improvements.
Use only the TW arm board as opposed to a wooden armboard .
All the best
Pradeep
When I was contemplating the upgrade from the AC 1 to the BN PSU cum motor unit, I sent a barrage of questions to Herr Woschnik and he was always courteous and prompt ( same day response). If you need the weight to design a wall shell or any other mounting arrangement , I reckon you should be OK with 70kgs, ie 10kg for the BN motor, 50 kg for the TW AC plinth+platter with a safety margin.
All the best
Pradeep