Turntable suggestions

I am currently building my first high-end system. I would like to add vinyl to the mix and would like suggestions for a turntable. My budget would be around $1000.00 although spending less would not bother me one bit. Suggestions for a phono stage are also welcome.

My system right now is a Rotel RSX-1055 pre/pro integrated, Thiel CS2.4 for main and a Sony DVD/CD player that will soon be upgraded. I am going to be trading in for a Bryston SP1.7 pre/pro and most likely high power Rotel amps. I will eventually go 5.1 channel surround.

I also have a Dynaco PAS-2, Dynaco Stereo 70 amp, and a Conrad Johnson PV-7 preamp that could all be utilized with my system. Both the CJ and Dynaco preamps have a phono stage. I have to find a good way to integrate all of my gear...if possible. I would love to get tube sound with vinyl and easily switch to SS gear for the rest of my playback which will consist of SACD, Redbook and movies. I think this is going to be a real adventure getting all of this to mate. What fun!
electric_monk

Showing 1 response by clamps200045c1