Tuner choices? Help me please

I want a tuner with a remote. I'm looking for a used unit. I constantly switch stations. I looking at the Musical Fidelity A.3 (not 3.2 cannot afford used), Parasound T/DQ-1600, and Carver TX-12. All seem good for the used price. Any opinions? Comments. Please help I need a tuner.
128x128finsfan05401
Ernie,

I have a 7100 I use in my garage system, good value and appropriate for the task. My dealer tells me the 7x00 series are prone to failure, specifically the power swtich gives out and there are no replacment parts available. Have you heard this... any idea of a workaround if the power switch calls it a day?

p.s. good suggestion, didn't occur to me to think of the old NAD stuff
This one's easy (if you don't need AM):

Used Onkyo T-9090II
Used Fanfare FT-1 or FT-1A.

I owned an Onkyo T-9090II for roughly 8 years before I
replaced it with a Fanfare FT-1A about 2 years ago. The Onkyo
is better than the Fanfare for DX'ing but the Fanfare sounds
*MUCH* better on medium/strong signals.
Hi Jeff, So I have infected you I see (LOL!).

The Creek T43 is a fine tuner with remote. Upgrade the stock power cord while you are at it.

Too expensive or can't find a used one???..........

then the Cambridge T500 is the same Creek design with a few corners cut to lower the cost (like made in asia instead of UK). The remote is extra ($39), but is good since if you find a used one, it is easy to pick up a remote from any Cambridge dealer.

Upgrading the power cord on the T500 is a must for the best sound. Try the Blue Circle BC61 ($80). Same for the Creek. Also put Vibrapods under them for issolation ($6 each). Cleans up the image a little.

The Marantz ST6000 mentioned above is also a good choice.

If you can live without a remote, some of the vintage Kenwood tuners have great sound. I have a KT8300 and KT6500.

My favorite audio cables for FM tuners that can be had used, are the original JPS Superconductor or its close clone the Millersound Labs.