Tube Rolling Luxman D 380

I have a Luxman D380 CD player.  I am thinking of trying to do some tube rolling to improve the sound.  Has anyone done any tube rolling with a Luxman?

mdrone

Have you listened to this player with the tube buffer circuit in, and then not in?  How much of a difference do you hear?  If very little then it seems to me tube rolling is not in the cards.  Or maybe its exactly what is needed?

I'm looking for an audio system for music and also a bit for movies. Actually I would have planned with two floorstanding speakers, sub and AV receiver but I just don't have the space.

Would Sonos Arc be an alternative with the Sonos sub?

If I want true surround, I could still upgrade with small speakers (Sonos One SL) in the back https://showbox.tools/.

Disadvantage is, for this price I would also get a budget surround set with receiver.

I decided to change the tubes in my Jungson Moon Harbor CD player. ... Both players use the same D/A converter and transport mechanism, ...https://innoutsecretmenu.online/

For some reason I resisted the urge to buy that SQ-38D, but it’s stuck in my mind all these years. Now, I’ve just had a second chance, in a way. Luxman recently released the D-380 CD player ($5495 USD), a stylish model whose classic looks -- that familiar and distinctive wooden case -- hark back to the glory days of this tradition. It also has solid-state and tubed output, selectable by the user, and a 32-bit DAC.One Cognizant Portal

Post removed 
Post removed 

Luxman recommends at least 50 hours of run-in time for the D-380, but its solid-state output sounded good right off the bat. Burning in the tubed output stage did take all of 50 hours, however -- its sound was a bit wonky at first, then it settled in nicely. Switching between solid-state and tubed output and between Filters 1 and 2, I gravitated to tubed and Filter 2. This combo sounded more organic, with slightly better bass. Filter 1 seemed leaner and more detailed, with a touch more top-end extension and clarity, but also tended toward sibilance with some music. But I heard less difference between the tubed and solid-state outputs than between Filters 1 and 2 -- both sounded, for the most part, rich and involving.