Tube Pre-amp w/Remote under 600????

I am looking to replace my Parasound Z-pre preamplifier with a tubed based preamp that must have remote control capabilities. Please list any suggestions.

How would a tube based pre-amp sound compared to the z-pre I own now?

I am looking to pay up to $600 used on Audiogon.

Regards,
Douglas
asi_tek
Try to locate a Golden Tube SEP-2 or SEP-3. Nice quiet pre & phono option was available for these. Hard to find & Solo Electronics/GTA is gone, but you can still get service from various tube shops still around. They are multi-featured, stage like crazy & the remote is full function. I have one but sorry I'm holding onto it.
Not sure about remote but awhile back there was a a used Bruce Moore designed MFA for $550 and that's soemthing I'd look for if you can find another.You are looking for a very inexpensive piece for glass and the remote may be the killer to the search.If you were looking for a SS I owned an Adcom GFP-750 and thought it was EXCELLENT sounding used at $750.Very felixible with the only hesitation being build quality.For a price this low I ight think about selling my amp and getting an intergated like a Jolida etc.Good luck!
See if you can stretch it to $750 and get a VTL 2.5.
You won't be disappointed. One just sold on audiogon for that in one day. Grab one fast when it comes up. They don't last long.