Tonearm for Teres turntable - approx $1000 - ??

I have way to much time to research for components for my new analog setup, and keep on thinking about new ways of spending my budget (which keeps increasing in size. :-( )

I have at least decided on the turntable - basically a Teres 160 - and the cartridge - Zyx R-100H.

I had decided on an Origin Live Silver tonearm,(with Twl's HiFi mod, of course,) too, but now I'm wavering about that decision. I can not afford to spend thousands of dollars on the tonearm, but can probably stretch my budget to about $1000. Used is fine... Are the Hadcock tonearms (which seem to be about the same price as the OL Silver) any good? Better than or equal to the OL Silver? Is there something better I should look for, or should I just stick with the OL Silver?
oakiris

Showing 11 responses by rauliruegas

Dear Dave: Yes, I forgot: I use a 2K, 1/2 watt resistor on each channel ( very easy to solder directly to the headshell pins ).

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
OakIris: Audio Advancements is the oficial Moerch dealer for USA and has a very personal service.

" Also, I must admit I am a bit worried about the possible problems with all of the wire connections. ".

OakIris: there is no single problem with the wire connections: it is like other tonearm and beats the Graham 2.2 performance for a lot less money.

The Graham was a design based on the high performance japanese Audiocraft tonearms, but the Graham people instead to manufacturer a identical copy they do some changes ( bad changes ) on it, that till to now can't correct, that's why to many Graham tonearm versions: 1, 1.5, 2, now 2.2.

The Moerch tonearm is based in the high performance japanese Highphonic tonearm. The difference here is that the Moerch tonearm is an identical copy of the Highphonic and that's why is so very good tonearm.

Is up to you.

Raul.
Dear Oakiris: The DP 6 is one of the best unipivots tonearms ever made.
You need the one with the blue dot arm wand. You will be very satisfied with this tonearm: hard to beat in your audio system. You don't have to worried about this tonearm ever and if in the future you change your cartridge then you can change too the arm wand for try to mate that new cartridge. This tonearm has a high flexibility for using with any cartridge it does not matters which weight/compliance have those cartridges.

Rgards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Oakiris: www.audioadvancements.com ( one arm wand is included in the price ).

Raul.
Dear OakIris: The one that I buy from Audio Advancement comes with phono cable. Yes, the conector is DIN 5 to RCA.

Great choice. You will be very happy.

Raul.
Holly: Before you mount the cartridge on the DP6 tonearm you have to burn in the internal wires and phono cable. You can do it by conecting the phono cables directly to the output of your CD player and play for a week a CD that has a burnin track like the XLO/Sheffield one. If you don't have this kind of CD, my advise is that buy the Soundtrack of Gladiator CD and play continously for a week before you mount and play your cartridge.

Raul.
Hi Doug: No there is not. At least I never had any problem and it works very good for the cables burn-in process ( including the tonearm internal wires and headshell wires ).

Raul.
Holyy: There is no problem. But with a very low level voltage of the signal coming for the cartridge there will be not burn-in or at least you will need 100 years to do that job.

Raul.
Doug: There is no problem, it is very easy and really function. You only do this once and forget for ever.
I understand your point: " I'm not that good with a soldering iron. ". Don't do it in this way.

raul.
Holly: Yes, it is. Tks for the link. Nice idea.

Raul.