Thorens TD147: raising tonearm

Hello,

Even though I have been a member of Audiogon for a long time I have never posted a message.

I have a mint Thorens TD147 Jubilee which has been in the box for several years and decided to make it part of another system on another floor at home. I installed a very low hours Ortofon MC30 MKII Super which was mounted on another arm.

I have followed Thorens instruction manual but I cannot raise the tonearm high enough to clear the bottom of the cartridge, the Ortofon runs very low, at about 2 or 3 mms from the surface of a record, sometimes it touches it.

This second system is comprised of a Klyne 6LX3.5X, Electrocompaniet AW-100 Anniversary power amp, Meridian 507 CD player and Aerial 10T speakers.

Am I using the wrong cartridge for the TD147 or am I overlooking something here?

Thank you very much in advance.

Orazio
f456gt

Showing 2 responses by f456gt

Thank you. I already did it several times following Thorens instructions. There is a limit to raise the arm, you cannot go any higher, this is an integrated turntable, it also interferes with the auto shut-off mechanism.

Regards,
Dear Raul,

No, there is no chance, the auto shut-off will not work.

Regards,

Orazio