Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tmsrdg
keep us posted as you have the CA-300 amp repaired and serviced.

Happy Listening!
Pwhinson -

I have a 21 x 11 tunnel of a room with a large window on the front wall.  I have spent the last six months convincing myself the next most cost effective upgrade is room treatments.  I have researched room treatments and have figured that for my room, I could spend $1000-$1500 (and perhaps considerably less) and virtually be guaranteed a significant and irreplaceable upgrade in sq.  I’d be happy to spend that much or more on equipment that would likely have the equivalent impact, and yet I just can’t pull the trigger.  Which is crazy because I learned this lesson the easy way when I set up our ht room.  I could afford the middest of mid fi equip, but had a great room to work with and a spouse who was fine “decorating.”  It was easy, cost wise (as in basically free), to optimize and nearly perfect the positioning of speakers to listening position, using golden rule math, and with some canvas pictures backed with foam at the 1st and 2nd reflection points, it made a $2500 midfi home theater, in two channel mode, sound in the same league as my brother’s $8,000 set-up.  So now I have a dedicated two channel room that presents some dimensional challenges that could be addressed with reasonable cost. And yet, I can’t pull the trigger.  
So, my advice to you, pwhinson, is to pursue room treatments.  I think you could improve by optimizing listening positions (speaker placement relative to sitting position), two channel taking priority over ht.  Possible room treatments include false wall of diffusers on front wall, same on back wall, absorbent on right sidewall and ceiling.  Now I have to convince myself to do the same

tomic601
Good to see you again. Hope you are well and enjoying the Winter season.  Happy Listening!