Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
A few descriptors of the X-150.8 sound. Excellent bass, clarity, detail and midrange from bottom to top, top to bottom. This amp delivered effortless power and current- no clipping appreciated. A touch to the warm side of neutral ( a very nice characteristic). Pass Labs is not anemic, dry nor thin in presentation/sound. 

Happy Listening!
I used a XP-10 for several years and really enjoyed it.  I only sold it because I got a deal on an Audio Research preamp that I had been eyeing for some time.  The ARC pre is different, but not universally better than the XP-10. I used the the XP-10 with Rogue Audio, Levinson, and Audio Alchemy class a (om.90) monos.  It sounded great with all of them:)  It is a great audio value at current used prices in my opinion.  Unfortunately, none of this listening was with a Pass amp or my newly acquired Thiel speakers.
My Cardas wire is, maybe, 5% of my total costs. For me, that’s not a dealbreaker when I’m trying to maximize SQ (short of $$$ Dueland caps and Path resistors). Now, the Cardas binding posts are more expensive and I’ll compare those in conjunction with the wire. If/when Tom brings kits to market he’ll have to decide on what to include.

With the 2.4 there are at least 3 iterations of XOs. IMO, the FST boards have no parts worth salvaging (the Clarity SA caps are good but are now surpassed by two generations of Clarity caps and the resistors, coils and other caps are plainly subpar) but Lexington boards have good coils that can be reused, probably a cap or three as well. I imagine Tom will need to accommodate these differences, perhaps also accounting for each owners preferences (which might include budget?). My beta-boards will probably be the only ones with this combo of parts, still under test.

That said, note Tom’s caution that additional delays are probable, even beyond the ongoing testing.
esprits4s
Thank You for your assessment of the XP-10. Which ARC pre-amp did you purchase?   Happy Listening!
beetlemania
Thank You for a little cost-analysis of the upgraded Cardas binding posts/wiring. I am interesting in learning the prices that you and Tom have discovered on the Clarity SA caps or better, Dueland caps and Path resistors. Take your time developing those beta-boards. A delay or two along the way is to be continued, expected. All of this is a process that has to work through on your timetable.

Happy Listening!