Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
pops
my pleasure keeping this thread rolling. Thank You and the rest of the Panel for your contributions, impressions, insights and thoughts referencing Thiel Audio.
sgmlaw

Thanks for the great response. Last month I had my electrician install a dedicated AC line for my stereo equipment. Think the line is on a dedicated 20 amp breaker. I also have a Monster Power HTS 5100 power center for my equipment. The HTS 5100 makes it really easy to power on and off all of the equipment at one time.

While I really like my DR-8 amps, wondering if it would be worth locating a pair of DR-9 amps for the extra power. At 4 ohms the DR-8 in mono mode has 560 watts and the DR-9 would have 800 watts. Just do not know if it is worth the time and hassle to locate a pair of DR-9 amps and sell the DR-8 amps. Plus my DR-8 amps are in mint condition and have consecutive serial numbers (if that even matters).

Happy New Year everyone. This forum has been a focusing inspiration for me taking on this upgrade project. This project has served to reorient my work life more toward music, which has always been important to me, but has often take a back-seat to other initiatives. So thank you.

Beetle and I are making progress and should have something to report pretty soon.
Sqmlaw - the DR8 and 9 are quite similar except for the power output. If you like the amps and if they don't need recapping, you are better off than most music lovers. Power requirement rises dramatically for large rooms and loud levels. If it sounds good to you, you may be within the requirements of your room and levels. Enjoy.