Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
@prof 
Tom Thiel described Thiel Audio’s measurements earlier in this thread, maybe February-May?
Excellent discussion, as always, Guys. Tom- not vicious at all. Truthful.
Jim's attention to the finer details and search for accuracy has certainly paid off in any of his loudspeaker models, IMO.  I was fortunate in those early CS 2.4 auditioning days to have the Vandy 2Ce and 2Ci speakers plus a pair of Triangle Celius speakers to switch off from one another and shoot-out against the CS 2.4 same room.  Thiel came out as the winner to my ears for its rich sound and presentation. 

Happy Listening!
prof

I enjoy JA's measurements, as well as, Paul Miller of HiFi News & Record Review. These gentlemen are class acts to the Audio press. Each leaves the reader with an impressive body of work.

Happy Listening!
For the record, I am also a fan of John Atkinson and what he has contributed to our industry. The 'fault' in the presentation of information goes to executive policy, which took its turns under multiple ownerships. Present ownership (Y2K+) deemed it politically incorrect to allow that phase coherence was a legitimate concern. Imagine the advertiser pressure if Stereophile continued to present phase / time as a real engineering benchmark! The arc of the journey began with an editorially open mind with JA collaborating with then-publisher Larry Archibald to explore the role of phase-time in the playback equation, and proceeded toward less respect.

Prof - please feel free if questions remain after consulting my previous Thiel measurement notes. Our measurement capability integrated with critical listening was at the very heart of our product and company development.