Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

prof

Thank You for sharing. Hearing problems can certainly debilitate anyone at anytime. An aural sense is a precious thing not to be taken lightly.

God's speed on your recovery. Keep us posted as your health is restored.

andy2

I would like to think that Thiel is unique and one-of-a-kind in all of its loudspeaker models.  Happy Listening!

Prof,  I spent some time writing a response about my speaker situation, what I have, where it's located and why I want more. I woke up and was going to finish my story when I read your post. My wishes are with you and believe you know you have real friends here. Your experience and gift of recall in such detail has helped me find my path through this hobby. 

Yes I still have the 2.7 & 3.7  I use the 2.7 in a 26 by 18 Home Theater slash 2 channel listening space. I have started 4 listening spaces and feel this one is complete and whole. it took months to bring together but works just as i had imagined both HT/2ch. Pre amp is Lyngdorf mp 50, Classe CA5300 runs 2.7 mains, MCS1 center (great speaker and wonder why we don't hear about more of them) cs1.7 for rears 4 ps 700 mono amps run the over head power point 1.2 I listen mainly through Tidal, Spotfy+ and have Blue Sound node 2 but use the Dac in Lyngdorf. I enjoy playing multi room and main reason for Blue sound and ease of there dash board. 

My second space has a challenge of speaker having to be 16 ft apart or they would sit in the middle of a view window. currently I have 3.7 there a run with Peachtree nova 300 and a Bluesound node, 

Third space is my master bed room where I have Lyngdorf 3400 and Blue sound node, again Dac is amazing in Lyngdorf, i went with there matching wall speakers and 2 "border" subs. Lets say the Thiels have spoiled me and was thinking of putting the 3.7 in this space and selling the Lyngdorf speakers, the acoustics in this room are fantastic.  

I am assuming the cs6 will do as good or better than 3.7 in over coming my problem with distance between speakers. I planned on using the peachtree to run a system out by pool. so I can get the correct electronics to run cs6,  Another question how do the cs 7 compare to 6? there is a pair of those available.  

Sorry for book, but now you have a full view of my Thiel obsession!   

I'm having fun! 

Dan

Dan - go for the CS7.2 if you can.
Regarding your view window. Consider "Zen View" from Christopher Alexander's "A Pattern Language". The large view might be even more enjoyable as separated zen views. Put the speakers where you want them, possibly hanging a drapery behind each, or not. The view may not be harmed at all, and the overall effect might be stunningly wonderful.

Prof - bummer. I am not a doctor, but I have been paying attention and know something about the territory. I suggest addressing vitamin B, which regulates and supports neurological processes. The B complex is quite complex - a practitioner may help sort out the details. Knowing your cognitive approach, a suspension of disbelief may be in order. The down-side is practically nil.
My best wishes and highest hopes for your recovery. Tom