Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I think many of us love our Thiel speakers as that entire package, not just the sound but what the speakers represent in terms of their goal and the engineering talent they represent.

Well said prof (maybe prof is a real professor :-)

There is another manufacturer that I admire although for a different reason.  Sonus Faber's sound is probably completely opposite of Thiel but their design has the same vision as Thiel engineering.  Their speakers to me are sculpture first then engineering (like Italian cars).  I probably will never own one but I always enjoy looking at them.
@andy2 Other than the Clarity SAs in the coax feed, there is reason to think your Lexington XOs are superior to later iterations that were sourced from China. That said, you might still consider upgrading the components if not doing a full rebuild such as I will be doing soon. Stay tuned.
It was just one owner of brand new 2.4's. And he had not nor had anyone replace anything on them.
Mike
beetlemania,
It will be interesting to see what you plan to come up with.  Look forward to it.
My early plans were influenced by some other threads here regarding aftermarket caps and, more substantially, by Tom Thiel's comments here. But other than, maybe the Mills MRAs, all of the current plans and component choices are from the mind of Tom.

I’m getting close to building the new boards. These will include Clarity CSAs replacing all extant caps, including eletrolytics. Tom has a custom voltage for some of these to save space and expense. My coax feed caps will include Multicap RTX bypass at about 1% of main cap capacitance. Resistors will be the Mills; I’m already running these and you can read my report in this thread maybe May, 2018. My XOs were sourced in China and the coils are suspect, so these will be replaced, probably foil in the coax feed. PCB will be replaced with point to point on masonite. Tom has written other details just a few days ago regarding his idea to provide cooling for resistors.