Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I forgot to mention what was probably the key feature in favor of the SI-1 for me. It has fully balanced circuitry, not just balanced inputs and outputs. The only other active crossover I found with this feature is a particular variant in the Marchand line, the XM44-2FBA. Since my pre and power amps both have fully balanced designs, I wasn't keen on inserting a device with unbalanced circuitry between them.
Good luck, bcarr38
In your previous post you wrote:
I have a pair of CS 2.3s with upgraded coax speaker which sound great but I am interested in upgrading
Was the upgrade the driver or crossover?

I am *really* happy with the CS2.4SE. It can't reproduce the left-most 2 or 3 keys on a piano but I can't hear any other weakness or shortcoming. I'm very curious to listen to a Vivid Giya or TAD Ref One or Vandy 7 again to discern how those designs are better (of course this will be confounded by changes in electronics and room). To be clear, I'm not imagining the CS2.4 is their equal but surely those speakers are near the horizontal asymptote on the performance/price graph.

have you thought about what might be the weakest link in your system? ie, consider upgrading you source or amp first? IME, these are just as important as the speaker.
" BTW...

I tried some Iso Acoustic Iso-Pucks under one of my Thiel 2.7s tonight.

Some here probably know Iso Acoustics products are all the rage these days in terms of speaker stands/isolation and their Gaia series speaker footers seem beloved."

I do not think the iso pucks were ever designed for a floor standing speaker at all.  I think they are really for electronics as was mentioned above.  On my 2.7's,  i had been using the outrigger with the spikes that came with them.  Replaced them with big brass feet from Mapleshade and that was a nice improvement.  Recently I too got a set of the Gaia feet that i screwed into the outriggers.  My girlfriend liked the brass feet better but i liked the more expansive sound with the Gaia. I think either the Gaia or the brass feet are worth looking into depending on your sound preferences. 
Thanks! for sharing- ronkent
another excellent tweak suggestion for us Thiel lovers. Good to read more positive reviews of Mapleshade products.
Happy Listening!