The Future of Hifi is just being Discovered

I found this to be very interesting to learn that electrons move like water. Also even more interesting to learn Cryo really is on the cutting edge and it's implications for the future are just being learned. Fascinating stuff

https://www.sciencealert.com/after-years-of-searching-physicists-observe-electrons-form-fluid-like-whirlpools/amp

128x128j-wall

@tannoy56 , I certainly was, despite myself. ;)  And ego is not necessarily a Bad Thing, to flip on M. Stewarts' admonition.

We're just having a good time...your excuse?  Hmmm? *S*

Nothing exceeds like excess, anyway...

@widmerpool ...I don't think the speakers would fare well with forever; as for self, becoming an anachronism is happening already.

And the future looks cloudy with hail....

J-Wall: @thecarpathian I don’t think you’ve managed to convince anyone here you know what you’re talking about

What are you talking about? Speaking for everyone? Dude, honestly, you’re analysis and your retorts are the very definition of clueless.

Everything @thecarpathian said was reasonable and accurate. All of it. You totally misunderstood the article by looking for things in it that support your fact-free bias regarding cryo research. A six year old could verify it all on Google for you in two minutes.

And then you start with the stupid "ok boomer" jokes as though being older and wiser (than, apparently, you) is instead some kind of a cognitive deficit.

Nothing in that article pertains to audiophilia. Nothing. The nonsense that passes for logic in this hobby could power a thousand Q-anon conventions.

BTW-- for all of the reasons already stated above, cryogenically treating vacuum tubes is stupid beyond belief, unless you want to trade confirmation bias for shorter tube lifespans.

At least the snake-oil salesmen know what they’re selling you, which gives me some hope.

Where is the Audiogon Shaman when you need him!