The Denon POA 8000 mono amps?

Can anybody remember these and how they sound?

They where each 248 watts class A and very nice looking.

I own the IRS Beta and I want to use them on the high/mids.

What do you think???? Thanks for the imput.

Alex
texas25

I used to own a pair of POA8000s some 30 years ago. They didn't sound good at all, so I sold them and purchased a McIntosh MC7300. For years I had desperately wanted a pair of POA8000s beacuse I had seen them on an old Denon brochure in the early eighties, but mainly for aesthetical reasons.

I always thought tubes were the way to go for for the top end of the IRS. In fact tube amps that are especially soft on top have been suggested.
I have Pair POA-8000 ,,Exactly very good stuff,but with 200W they can't handle B&W 8's
Hi, I have a pair of this wonderfull Amps. My english is not so good - sorry ! These Amps are a bit powerfully than the Poa-6600 / A. More deeper Bass and more crisp highs. Is easyer to hear longer sessions, the amps never nerve. It´s sounds a little like Tube-amps whit the power of the big DENON - monoamps. They runs very hot, but is imposseble to break it. It´s normal in class A secriut. They were sell 1983. limited of 250 Pair cost 5500 $.
brian is accurate on all 4 points. you'll not have to search far for amps that mate well with EMIN's & EMIT's.
Gorgeous amps.
Well made.
Rare.
Very good as bass amps, but the mid and top were not very impressive.

[email protected]