Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
I should point out that the parts in the $300 Upgrade are interesting. For a DIY dude these are a dream come true.  Great design and bones! 

Dayton $1.50 cap on tweeter
Clarity PX cap on mid tweeters $8

The rest of the caps are all under $5 electrolytics. Bipolar generic types. The wire is all perhaps 18-20 gauge mill spec. All sand cast resistors. 

The fact that these sound so good with these parts is a big testament to the wonderful design. They can be taken to another level easily. 

When a builder is selling to hit a $3300 price point they really have no other choice in terms of parts quality. I would do the very same thing. Heck, they sound good as is. Amazing. 
A lot has been posted here since last night. Fun times.

Yes Charles, I am having a ball with Aric's amp driving the DI's. Once things settle down on my end I'm looking forward to having you over for a listen. I think you'll like what you hear as I'm getting closer to the sound of your system....and that's a good thing!

Grannyring, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the DI's. I find it strange that some find the DI lacking in bass as don't at all. Maybe it's my room or my ears but would never describe the DI's as lean on bass but I respect your evaluation of them. I wish I had the guts to modify components like you do as it sounds like fun and it would be interesting hearing the results. Your use of the 10g WE wire is interesting, I only used 14g and 16g. You even modified your Lyngdorf? That's a product that is very intriguing. I looked into getting one but it being so unconventional and seemingly too good to be true made me shy at pulling the trigger on one. While I'm very happy with the sound I getting now, the Lyngdorf is crying out to me andi won't be gun shy next time. I wish you the best with your health, get well soon. 

Teajay, thanks again for another great review. I'm glad my room isn't large enough for the Ulfbehrts since I can't afford them 🤑 I'll have to settle for the measly SE's ;)
Evolvist all good points. I am however clearly hearing this speaker’s unique voice. It is what it is. Decide and tweak accordingly. 

@evolvist Absolutely agree! Definitely a subjective thing. I’ve just noticed that compared to other systems I’ve played with, the difference in low frequency output between certain recordings is more noticeable with the DI’s.

I think most people are biased with their listening traits. They like certain characteristics and base their purchasing and research to reflect that.

I can safely say I usually lean toward a speaker that is a touch low end heavy and artificially or not, warms up most recordings. But in saying that, I love a rich, real midrange and shimmering detailed highs to go along with that.

I want my cake and I want to eat it too. :) But I have no problem swapping/matching gear to achieve this. It’s all part of the fun for me.  At this price range though, these are minor gripes.

Thanks Teajay for another great review. I am so happy it will not work in my room😊