Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
bullitt,
I must apologize.  Did not read your post carefully enough.  You clearly are looking for an amp, not an integrated. 
I must agree in your case grannyring makes a nice suggestion. 
Corelli,

@kdude66
Kenny, I was interested in the reworking of your DI's. In particular how you changed your woofers from the alphas to the betas. On paper these are two different drivers. I could see how the betas with their larger magnets might offer slightly more efficiency and tighter bass, but at the expense of low end extension. The betas do have a slightly higher Fs as expected.
On a somewhat related note, how do these drivers achieve such low end extension when their resonant frequencies are in the low 50's?? They obviously extend well beyond that but I always read that Fs defines the low end extension and even in a reflex enclosure this seems way deeper than I would expect. Any thoughts?

You bring up some valid questions but for the most part they are none issues.Remember the 6 outer tweeters play down to their resonate freq. and isn't a problem,that's part of the magic of this speaker.

I wanted the black instead of blue cones and got lucky That I only changed the resistor value in the woofers crossover to deal with the slightly higher efficiency of the beta woofers and I ended up with in room measurements of bass measuring flat to 20hz and obviously tighter and better defined bass by listening that blends very well and is'nt overpowering to my ears.

I would have changed the cap and sand cast resistor in the crossovers to better parts anyway.

Remember those Thiele-Small Parameters specs are generally in the free air and once in a box everything changes in specs for the most part.

I've been modifying speakers and or electronics for a long time and I just didn't Willy nilly make these changes.I have been a Avionics Tech at a major Airline for 30 yrs.

I have accomplished other measurements as well and all I can say is the DI's have The flattest frequency response of any speaker that I have ever measured and the Impedance curve is truly remarkable as most of us owners are finding out in the respect of how easy a load for any amplifier that we might want to use.

As Tejay has stated several times the DI's are true conduits and will most definitely show any shortcomings in our systems but on the other hand they will give us also the true character of our gear also.

Kenny.
Vitop, absolutely do not connect the outputs of two power amps together, or to multiple binding posts on speakers that would in turn connect them together, even if both amps are never on at the same time.

See the following threads, and the other threads and links provided therein. As you’ll see, possible approaches include speaker-level switching devices, and use of a single amp for the front left and right speakers in conjunction with the "home theatre bypass" function that is provided in many preamps and integrated amps.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/is-this-dangerous

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/two-amps-to-one-speaker

Regards,
-- Al

Well, hell.... that tears that idea. That was the best Idea I had so far today too.

Wait... I just had another.... I'm going to need a toothbrush, some bailing wire, duct tape, some toothpicks and a turkey baster. I'll be right back.....

@grannyring  that deal definitely has my attention. It's within driving distance too.
@charles1dad  where the heck can I find find pricing on First Watt without having to stagger into a brick and mortar and arm wrestle sales people?
@teajay I wish that list was in my price range! I just can't justify that investment. 
@corelli Marantz separates are still on the list as far as I'm concerned. Especially the pre/pro. I put Emotiva and Outlaw in the same general bracket and all seem like they have good reputations with Emotiva having some product offering hick-ups that seemed to last a bit long.
@lancelock I was almost ready to order the JOB but it only doesn't have balanced inputs. I don't think a 50ft RCA cable is a good idea. That does sound like an excellent piece though reading the reviews.
@mac48025 the 3-Channel Odyssey Stratos HT-3 Would allow me to power the center channel up-front too. Can you tell me more of your Odyssey experience? Never heard of them.
@stfoth, I hear ya man. At this point it isn't in the cards or budget. I'm going to do the best I can with an HT system that does stereo well.