Technics 1200G Tweaks

Got a Technics 1200G last week.  I have been using it with the included power cord and interconnects.  It sounds really good but I have the feeling that it would sound better if I replaced them with something better.
Wondering what other owners of the table have bought and been pleased with.  I heard that the Shunyata Venom 14 power cord is good.  How is their phono IC?  Also thinking about Signal Cables.

I would like to keep it under $300 per cord.
Also, has anyone tried using the Isonoe feet?
Thanks!
andysf

Showing 4 responses by jsm71

Welcome to the 1200G club!

Based on advice from the retailer who sold me my 1200G, I’m also using the Shunyata Venom. I happened to have one I could swap out the original one with. Honestly, I can’t say changing the power cord had as much of a noticeable improvement as PC upgrades on my other electronics. I was making other changes at the time so maybe it was too hard to tell.

I use and enjoy Morrow level5 phono cables and feel these were a big improvement over the stock cord.

As to other tweaks, I did try Herbies mat and didn’t like it on the 1200G. That mat was a very nice mat for my prior table which had an acrylic platter. I actually did, just today, order the SL-1200 version of the Funk Firm Achromat. My research suggests that works well with metal platters. We’ll see.

Lastly, I have a DIY maple platform using a Boos Block cutting board and the same ISO blocks that Mapleshade sells. My supplier however offers bigger blocks at a way lower price than Mapleshade.

Carts are Audio Technica ART9 (preferred) and a Lrya Delos I use sometimes. Head shells are Zupreme from LP Gear.  Nice head shells, and azimuth adjustable.

+1 on the stock feet.  This table was the easiest I've owned to get leveled perfectly. 
This is my update after getting the Funk Firm Acromat.  Actually, I had rather low expectations, but the improvement in clarity, transparency, and tighter bass over the stock rubber mat was more than I was expecting. 

My impression was the kind of impact I would expect putting a considerably more expensive cartridge in the system.  I was a bit reluctant to put money in this area, but to my ears this was easily worth it.  I tried a variety of music genres, as well as simple to full orchestra.  I didn't want improvements in just one area.

Everything benefited.  The increase in micro details was perhaps the biggest difference, even on less complex recordings.  Even the tone on individual instruments and voices seemed to reveal more detail.  I now think the rubber mat was blocking some of this.  

I ordered the SL-1200 version of this mat.  It is rather thick and leaves only a small amount of my spindle, but I use a weight rather than a clamp so it works fine.
Forgot to mention the Funk Firm mat totally eliminated static.  The rubber mat was bad in that way.