Tannoy Turnberry vs Fyne 502SP?

I was planning on picking up a pair of Tannoy Turnberry speakers in the near future, but remembered about Fyne audio. While I'd love to get some of the 700 series speakers, they are just a bit beyond my budget. However, I am curious how the 502SP would stack up vs the Turnberry. Does anyone have any insight? 

They are roughly the same price, with the Turnberry's being slightly more. 

128x128mmcgill829

@grislybutter from my understanding Fyne was founded by many ex-Tannoy people, and they brought with them many years of speaker-making expertise with a modernized design. Many of their models are quite similar to Tannoy offerings in design even - probably for good reason. 

Tannoy has, in recent years, moved production to China, which has been received pretty poorly overall in the hifi community from what I've gathered. Fyne are made in Scotland. 

From what it looks like, it seems Tannoy is stuck in the past with not much innovation going on there at the moment, with cost-cutting by moving production to China being a bit problematic. It almost feels like they're just riding on reputation now, whereas Fyne took the Tannoy experience as a launching point and ran with it. 

This is just what I've gathered and as far as I understand, but I could have some gaps in my understanding as well. 

@mmcgill829 thanks, I didn't know most of it. I knew Fyne was founded by ex Tannoy engineers but I don't know how much of Tannoy's IP they can take and reuse It seems unfair to Tannoy. But I am impartial and I know zero about the legal aspects.

Looking at pricing, they seem to be a bit steep for my budget,  so that's a wash, similar pricing, but what matters is what's inside

Dr. Paul Mills is the lead designer/director of engineering at Fyne and played the same role for Tannoy for many, many years….upwards of 35 years for Tannoy! He certainly has many designs in his arsenal and has no problem at all designing many models based on his knowledge and extensive experience. Those facts speak loudly and Fyne is a mighty fine company making mighty fine speakers.

The Circle Labs A200 is a wonderful amp for the higher end Fyne models. Great amp on my F704s.  The 704s are 96db efficient 8 ohm speakers.  Do the 704s need 100 watts? No, they can be driven nicely with 30-50 SS or tube watts.  The Circle Labs A200 possesses a tonal purity that mates up very well with the Fyne 704s.

@grannyring that's what I thought about Fyne. Totally explains how they were able to hit the ground running since they have all that experience coming from Tannoy, and from what I've heard from owners, they've improved upon it. 

The circle labs on paper looks great. I have a hybrid amp now, however, and I don't particularly love it. It doesn't have the lush soundstage as tubes I had prior did. But it could just be this particular amp or the fact that it's relatively 'budget' in comparison to the A200. I'm still leaning toward a NAT HPS S.E.T. amp at the moment, but on the fence still. Of course in home auditioning would be nice, but I can't afford to buy 2-3 amps and have a shootout and return the others, so hard to really directly compare. 🙃