Tannoy Crossover Capacitor 1000V ?

I'm new to this, so please bear with me. I recently got my hands on a couple of 15" dual concentric drivers. The crossover schematic shows (for High Frequency) - 3 separate caps at 1.3 mf @ 1000V, and one at .9 mf @ 1000V. For the life of me, I can't find these values anywhere!

Q1: Does anyone know where I can find these?
Q2: Can I use a lesser Voltage than the 1000V as specified on the schematic instead of 1000V?

Please help!!
kopperhead

Showing 4 responses by face

Which drivers are these?

Unless you're using them as PA speakers, you should be fine with only 250-630V.
This is a Tannoy supplied schematic, correct? I still find it odd that they'd recommend such high voltages. I believe my HPD's maybe came with 150v.

Are all of those caps in parallel?

Do you have a specific budget? Some brands such as Sonic Cap or Duelund can make custom sizes.
I would just use a good 4.7uf on the HF unit, that would really open up your choices. I recently tried a pair of Obbligato Copper Caps and thought they were fantastic. Sonic Caps also aren't bad. Or you could go crazy and check out Claritycap MR's and Duelund.
Since it's under a 5% change, you should be ok. As I mentioned above, some manufacturers can make custom values for you though.

As for your Yammy, bulging caps are never a good thing.