Talon Khorus x or B&W 802

whats best,talon khorus x or b&w 802,for jeff rowland 10 thanks
alesantin

Showing 1 response by sos

I am also a Khorus dealer and let me make a few comments about set up. The room size is not as critical as the fact that these are a rear ported speaker and do need to be placed at least a few feet into the room. Also they require a great deal of toe in so be aware of that when you are playing with their set up.

They are very easy to drive and we have driven them with everything from an 8 watt integrated to Pass X 600 mono blocks. The Khorus work very well with Rowland and for a few years showed with the Rowland gear. ( I will state that if you like to play your music really loud do not go with a 8 watt integrated amp.)

To answer the question are the Talon's more forgiving thus more musical? That has numerous interpretations so let me elaborate by saying that they will give you all the information that your system will provide except that they will do it with an uncanny delicacy and finesse that is never in your face. I would describe the Soundstage on the Khorus X as one that is very deep and draws you seductively into the music.

Does this make this speaker more musical? A very subjective opinion but I find them to be the most musical speakers that I have had the pleasure to have in the showroom and we have had alot of the very exotic and expensive speakers traded in on the Khorus X.

They are not cheap but for what they offer they are one of the great bargains in audio. There are also some being sold on Audiogon at this time very inexpensively. (None of the ones being sold am I in anyway associated with although I do know the customers selling them.)

Needless to say since some are being sold they are not the speaker for everyone. Some customers like a speaker that is more aggressive. Some a speaker that I might consider a touch bright but others may consider more detailed and transparent. There is no product in Audio that everyone will love!

But if you get the opportunity to listen to a pair I believe that you will be pleasantly surprised although it may take you a while of listening to appreciate what they do because the presentation is different than what many Audiophiles have experienced in the past!