Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Fuses are the new components. If anyone wants to replace his Black Fuses with Blue Fuses, list the Black ones on Audiogon. Just like any audio component he would wish to upgrade. Problem solved. Well, except for the break in. Ha ha! 
This is wonderful timing for me. My Mother's type 45 tube amp lost a channel recently and I have not been able to get hold of the builder Fred Voltz of Emotive Audio to diagnose the problem. Thank goodness for the spare 300B tube amp that got installed the next day. Charles1dad to thank for inspiring me to have one handy. But a problem arose that the on off switch is in the back of the amp. Reaching behind a hot tubed amp to turn it off is a burned arm waiting to happen. Get frustrated - NO. Instead I now have a reason to get a Pass Labs First Watt F7 Amp. It is a leave it on all the time amplifier. Nelson Pass designed this 14 watt amp for the SET type audio systems. And it is designed to be left on all the time.

The amp already  sounds wonderful with the 100 db efficient Teresonic speakers. It has a ordinary spiral wound fuse. It is going to be fun to compare the ordinary fuse with the Synergistic Blue fuse- and of course in both directions.  

Remember that Samsung is spending Three Billion dollars this year alone on Graphene research. I would hope the rate of product improvement accelerates rather than slows.      

David Pritchard

Synergistic Research launched the Black Fuse two years ago and since that time we have been working to build a *much* better fuse that outperforms all other fuses on the market regardless of cost, and without establishing a new highest priced fuse on the market- currently there are fuses that are far more expensive with less performance than our new Blue fuse. Our breakthrough came last month and we are now launching the Blue fuse in time for RMAF. In no way does the existence of the new Blue fuse take away from the performance of the Black fuse which is every bit as good today as it was when it was when first launched two years ago.

SR is a technology company and unlike many other brands that offer ’new’ products that are little more than a rebadge of existing products, we actually work to perfect our technologies over time. This is why our product cycles typically run between 2 to 5 years -or- longer between major advancements; far longer than most other leading high end accessory and cable manufacturers. If this is a problem, there are companies whose products are as obsolete today as they were last year, and will be next year, and the year after that ;)

Yours in music,
Ted Denney Lead Designer, Synergistic Research Inc.
Well hopefully you will have a new breakthrough next month so I can get the Purple one LOL :P
For those that are upset about the *new* Blue fuse, and feel cheated for buying the Black fuse.....look at the title of this thread:

"Synergistic Red Fuse"

Yes, there was a Red before the Black, and now a Blue after the Black. I'm sure in the next 10 years we will see a multitude of more colors from SR.

So what? What manufacturer doesn't release new models?

If this offends you, buy a pair of Klipschorns and relax knowing that nothing will ever change. ;)

Personally, I'm good with the Black, I have no urge to "upgrade" to the Blue.
Maybe one day if I blow a fuse...Hahahahaha