suspending monitors from the ceiling

I have a pair of Canton 9k reference speakers in piano black and I  was thinking of suspending them in space via the ceiling.

If this setup sounded good someone would already be doing it. So would this setup mess up the sound ? How? What could I expect sonically? What problem would have to be overcome? 

thanks for you thoughts

scott22

@erik_squires

What is the difference between suspension and springs which allows movement in all directions? Townshend's platforms come to mind.

I would put them on Townshend Podiums suspended from the ceiling. Hopefully we are taking about a suspended ceiling. Otherwise I would first suspend a ceiling from the ceiling, then suspend the Podiums and finally put the speakers on the Podiums.

I do wonder if this will be enough or if it will be better to suspend the listening chair? In any case I would suspend disbelief, and can't help but wonder what will happen next? The suspense is killing me!

They use to do Bose 901s suspended. Is that telling you something?

I've seen those thing hanging all around the top of a skating ring. Some one broke in a stole them. Stupid idea. First rule: One ton speakers will slow down the riff raff.

1972 or 4 or something.. That was funny.. They rolled the old VOTT back out.. Worked perfect..

Regards