Streaming Question....

Current setup....

Ipad to Rblink Arcam via Bluetooth.

Thinking of network streamer via ethernet cable and of course iPad as controller..

So my current SQ is determined by the sound output characteristics of the ipad and the onboard DAC on the RBlink...?
Vs. SQ solely on the proposed streamer and its onboard DaC ...?

Which sound do you think would ultimately be better?
Thank you
ishkabibil

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

I don’t understand the question.  Right now your SQ is limited by using a Bluetooth DAC.  Any streamer using Ethernet or really good WiFi will probably blow it away.
From my audition of the apt x hd it is definitely a step up from the previous generation of Bluetooth quality.  It still doesn’t compare with Ethernet or good Wi Fi.  It may be better than Air Play, but I’ve never used the latter with anything better than Apple TV, so I shouldn’t even go there.
  So Ish, if I now understand your question, you are asking if Streaming compressed Spotify files via Bluetooth sounds different from an iPhone vs an iPad. As it happens, I use Spotify when I travel, with B&W Bluetooth headphones, and alternate between my iPad mini and iPhone 8 as a source.  I can’t say that I have noticed any significant difference between them.