Still looking for speakers in the 10-20,000 range

I’ve heard Proacs, Personas 3 and 5, Ryans, Wilsons, Wilson Benesch, Monitor Audios, B and Ws and several others in the 10-$20,000 range.  My favorite so far is the KEF Reference 3.  I would consider the Reference 5 but, as I’ve posted before, there is no place to hear them within 400 miles. Still plan to hear the Focal 2 and 3. Unless I love the Focals, I'm inclined to either go with the KEF Reference 3 or wait a couple of months (or more) to check out the new Magico A3.  My room is 24x18.  I have Audio Research electronics and 20 plus year old Proac Response 3.5 speakers.  It’s been a long process and I’m not sure if I’ll be relieved or disappointed when it ends.  Hard to decide if the Magico’s are worth waiting for.  Thoughts?
fast

Showing 5 responses by prof

Re Joseph Pearl:

I absolutely love the tonality of the smaller Perspective and Pulsar models. I’ve never read a single bad comment about the big Pearls.

Almost every comment, from writers covering shows, audiophile comments from shows and demos, and from pearl owners, ranges from "sounds great" to pure swooning.

If I had the money and space, those Pearls on A-gon would be mine!
ozzy,

I was also disappointed by the bass of the Focal Kanta 2 when I auditioned them.  They were in a good room, well out from the wall, with room treatment.   Yet I found the bass to have a over-ripe, quality that made it disconnected from the rest of the frequency spectrum (the Focals having a very "fast" and precise sounding midrange/top frequencies).

ozzy,

I'm not one to ask about subwoofers.  I've only just bought some JL subs myself (110E) that I'm going to try and integrate with my Thiel speakers.  I'm a total newbie with subs.
I agree with alucard19's suggestion.

I auditioned the Kanta and the Paradigm Persona speakers and the Persona has the same type of clarity in the mids and highs as the Focal (maybe better), but is more neutral top to bottom, with excellent, integrated, well controlled bass.
Folks,

Sneaking my own question in to this thread (as it's not worth it's own thread):

I'm considering purchasing a pair of really nice Joseph Audio Perspective speakers that are in a high quality gloss white.  It would be something of a try them out and sell if I don't want to keep them.

I'm wondering: would the white finish be any detriment to selling them?  I really have no idea if white speakers would put off buyers.   Thanks.