stereo reciever for sonus faber grand piano Home

I have a pair of sonus faber grand piano home, floor standing speakers. currently i am using harman kardon HK 3480. this was a second system in my bedroom. This is now my mainn system as I am selling my main system which I am not using anymore.
Sources: eventually they will be: pionner blue ray player, apple TV and dish network reciever.
USe: music, mostly non-critical listening, and movies in 2 channel mode.
problem: i am used to good sound from my previous sytem , that even when relaxing or going to sleep i love clean music, i ate missing the notes when my ears don't get them.
Budget: $1300 or less
Preference: 12 V trigger so I can turn everything off throught the power conditioner. sleep function, i go to sleep while the music is on and it turn off by itself.A/B speaker is must because this sytem powers my bathroom speakers. I never use A/B speakers together.Tuner is not important at ll.
Thoughts: Rotel, NAD......I am not sure and other than my MF KW 500 and my marantz SA-7S1 that i am selling now on audiogon, i had limited exposure to other brands. The bass is so muffled, and not detailed at all with my HK i hardly hear the notes, when I increase the bass on the tome controls it getts boomy. I know what everybody will say about this $300 reciever, but this is the situation. I hate to buy another $1000 integrated and then it does not work well with grand pianoes. I am sure some of you outhere had those speakers and can help
Thanks to all

scientist73

Showing 1 response by rjp1987

Spend another 400.00 and pickup a slightly used Krell 400xi for 1700.00 with remaining warranty. 200wpc. works very well. I have the sonus grand piano home as well. I originally had a denon avr-3805 gun metal gray "made in Japan". I saw a nice review of Denon and Sonus sounding well together. You can pickup a used avr 3806 for 1000.00 Denon was very good for bass. Krell was more discrete and detailed etc. more watts too. Harman Kardon fell off the map in 1990s. In late 80s I had their gear and they were hi-end.