starter TT moving anolog.

Hi All,
I'm finally ready to build an analog front end. The "Pro-ject debut carbon"," or the Music hall USB 1 " for reason of affordability and built in phono stages while I amass enough vinyl to justify an up grade (analog) TT, stylist,arm,phono pre amp etc. this will be built into my current system; Meridian 508 (24 bit) CD player>Pass labs X0.2 Pre amp> pass labs X350.5amp> Thiel 3.6 speakers.I figure this is a good baby step until I can get a foothold on gear and Vinyl. Is this a good choice? Are their equal or better Turntables with built in phono stages to suit me for now? Advise and discussion welcomed. Thank you
max_pain

Showing 1 response by swanny76109

I tried an entry level table (Marantz TT15) and an entry level phono stage (PS Audio GCPH) and then I sold it all after a year and upgraded significantly to a VPI Classic, Dynavector XX2 mk2, and a Pass XP15 phono stage. I can say that I fell in love with analog and needed a much better analog set up to compare with my digital front end. You have very good components and probably excellent digital sound. You owe it to yourself to go with higher quality components from the start to truly experience what analog can do. Setup is everything and the phono stage is very important. Don't scrimp on the equipment. You can try what you are thinking but don't be surprised if you like it and then start the search anew. Good luck and enjoy! Oh, and you'll need a good cleaning system for vinyl. I started with the spin clean which was fine but then upgraded to the VPI 16.5 which works great and you can find them used.