Squeezebox Touch with an Oppo BDP-105

Am thinking of getting the Oppo BDP-105 to replace my Denon DVD-2930ci. I use A Logitech Squeezebox Touch to play WAV & FLAC versions of my ripped CD's as well as HD Tracks downloads & internet radio. I use the SBT analog outs currently into a 2 ch preamp. With the addition of the Oppo I could use it as a DAC for the SBT. Should I try Digital coax, optical or Usb for best results? I believe all the outs on the SBT are active simultaneously so comparing the SBT DAC to the Oppo DAC should be easily accomplished.
Has anyone tried this setup?
128x128tune_man

Showing 1 response by jim_wojno

I am running my SBT with EDO, running USB into the digital input of an Oppo BDP-105. I can't say if this configuration is better or worse than using coax or optical into the Oppo, but for classical music stations with CBR/high bit rates, even from wifi, the sound is quite amazing thru Sennheiser HD800S cans, almost CD quality on chamber music. A bit mushy, though, on loud symphonic music passages.

But, I am having a problem. I turn the power off on both SBT and Oppo when done listening. Each time I power them up, the "Oppo BDP-105" digital output option disappears from the 'digital output' menu, and no music comes out of the Oppo. I have to reboot twice to get the Oppo DAC option to appear in the menu list. Anyone have a fix?