Speakers to consider in the $2200 range

I am finally ready to upgrade my speakers from Polk Audio LS90, CS350 & LS/FX to something much better. So far I am considering Dunlavy SC-IV, Cantata and Aerial 10T. I have eliminated the SC-IV simply because of size. I plan on auditioning the 10T in the next few days. I am still trying to locate the Cantatas locally.

Over the last year I have upgraded the front end to Aragon Soundstage, Bryston 4BST, Aragon 8008x3 and an Anthem CD1. I also have 2 Energy AS180 subs. Under my current usage I am 70/30 HT to music but that is primarily because of lack of time because of grad school. Once I am back to normal, it will be 50/50. I listen to all types of music but more so Jazz, Soul, R&B and Reggae. My room is 23x12 and the speakers will be set up on the short wall.

Thanks in advance for your help.
mcreight

Showing 1 response by jwells

I owned a pair of PSB Stratus Gold I's retail ~$2800, but you can find them for ~1200 used. I highly recommend these, as they are wonderful speakers and an exceptional value. The speakers are well suited for your large room and will provide ample bass. Some of the speakers listed above, while quite nice, would have trouble with a room the size of yours. The PSBs are wonderful for stereo in all areas (imaging, soundstage, etc.) and are very, very nice for HT.