Speaker cable for Nad 7050 and KEF LS50

I've been using cheap speaker cables to connect my LS50s to my NAD D7050 and they sound great for my uneducated ears. I have never really invested in cables, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend/suggest any (not very expensive) cables that could make a difference.
tvfreak

Showing 1 response by rar1

The QED Silver Anniversary XT is an excellent budget cable and one that I have used for the past 8 or so years with a NAD 320BEE int amp, Outlaw RR2150 receiver, Prima Luna PL2 and PL5 tube amps, Rega Ara monitors, Omega Super T monitors, Opera Platea floor standers, and Ascend Acoustic Sierra One monitors.

I just recently upgraded to Clear Day Cables based on a recommendation from someone on Audiogon. Depending on the Clear Day product, the cables are several times more expensive than your QED. For me, that increase in price to Clear Day cables, resulted in a sound that is more musical, more focused, and still a touch warm, which I find very enjoyable. It is akin to a veil being lifted, especially for the lower frequencies.

So, the QED will serve you well and it did me. But I did find a more pleasing cable for more dollars.

Rich