Sony DVP-S9000ES vs DVP-NS999ES

I am in the midst of deciding whether to purchase a used DVP-S9000ES (now discontinued) or go with its replacement, the DVP-NS999ES. The latter has multichannel SACD playback which is of absolutely no interest to me (DVD video playback is the only consideration). So the question is: does the newer DVP-NS999ES offer any real improvement in video performance? The latest issue of TPV states that it offers "a host of new image-processing technologies", the most interesting of which is Precision Cinema Progressive. Isn't this circuit also part of the DVP-S9000ES? I have also considered the Pioneer Elite DVD players. Opinions please- thanks, Linc.
linkster

Showing 1 response by gbm4th

I have the DVP-NS999ES and the multichannel playback of even redbook CD's is great. Since you have no interest in multichannel and the build quality of the 9000es is probably better (the 999 weighs only 14 lbs) I would go with the 9000. If buying used without a warranty;that seems to be the perfect situation to have some modifications done on the 9000 to make it sound/look even better.