Something strange with imaging

Hello all,

I am using a Kuzma Stabi S turntable with Stogi tonearm and Soundsmith modified Sumiko Blackbird.  I have 2 preamps I use for the player.  An EAR 864 and a Parasound JC3/JC2 combo.  I don't play vinyl often.  Something strange has been happening lately. The image has been pulling to the left.  It happens with both pre-amps. First thought was the cables from the player.  I switched the right to left an left to right.  Low and behold , the imaging was spot on, albeit reversed.  This occurs with both pre-amps. Could it be a stylus azimuth or VTA  issue?  Any thoughts?

olp88

Dear @olp88  : I think is not by cartridge/tonearm set up but could be that the tonearm wires are wired in reverse way. You can leave in that way with the cables reversed.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,

R.

The image was pulled to the right but centred when the cables were reversed, not pulled to the left? Which cables and what happens when they’re returned to the original way round? Could be that swapping them cleaned the connections.

Hi @rauliruegas ,

I checked the tonearm wires and they are correctly attached to the cartridge. 

Hi @yeti42 ,

Correct.  When reversed, image centered.  Back to riginal way round , image again pulls left.