Smooth sounding copper IC like Kubala Sosna

Recently I got my tube preamp modified which has now resulted in a revealing yet emotionally involving sound. Interestingly it has started revealing flaws that exists else where in my system (at least thats what I am guessing). There is an upper midrange emphasis to the tones which is making the overall presentation a bit to energetic, I know it is not supposed to sound this way. I am using two ICs which have silver content and can sound bright in some systems, I guess they need to be changed.

I am pretty sure I want only a copper IC. I like the Kubala Sosna Emotion a lot but cant afford them.
I am looking to spend a max of $500, new or used.
I see Cardas Golden Ref coming on sale here for $500 often but I have read that they can add false bloom in the mid bass which I would not like introduce.

I am looking for a smooth sounding IC which does good bass and does not roll off treble in a deliberate way.
The following are on my short list:

1. Audio Note Lexus Copper IC
2. Audio Tekne Copper
3. Kimber KS1011, 1016
4. Purist Audio, really do not know which model to choose here
5. Greg Straley Reality cable
6. Anti IC.
7. XLO Unlimited Edition

I just know by reading that all these ICs are Copper and are known for being smooth hence they are on my list. However, I am sure they all would sound different from one another. I would love to have the most refined among these (who doesnt :) ). The only two ICs that I can audition are the Anti and Straley. I will be doing it next week. But I am willing to experiment and buy blind if I get some strong recommendations.
pani

Showing 1 response by bside123

Hi Pani: I've had extremely good experience with the MAC Mystics. I've tried many different cables, and I keep coming back to the Mystics. The price point cannot be beat, and I feel that they keep up with just about any cable. If you want more info on my experience, let me know, and I'll write back. Good luck on your decision.