Small and Excellent Speakers

After demoing the new B&W Signature Diamond speakers, I'm convinced that small is not always bad. Their limited edition speakers are a 2-way floor standing loudspeaker with an effortless and sweat sound. Their Dimensions are:
36.6 x 9.1 x 14.8 (H x D x W) in inches. Weight: 55 lbs. Unfortnuately they are $18,000/pair.

I am looking to replace a set of 1991 JBL L7 loudspeakers with a smaller set of floor standing loudspeakers. They will be driven with a McIntosh MC402 solid state power amp (400w) and a McIntosh C2200 tube preamp.

Question for all:
Are there other small-footprint speakers that sound excellent and are less than $5,000?

Thank you.
-Greg
fremonthills
Wait a minute, why are you mating such expensive amps with affordable loudspeakers? But loudspeakers from wilson Benesch or Totem should fit your needs quite well. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Alexander
My listening percentages are very close to your own. I have Dynaudio Focus 220s which are not bookshelves but I think sound great with Jazz. I like the Dynaudio line, especially the Focus and Confidence series. The Dynaudio Confidence C1 is an awesome sounding speaker that can be found used at your price point. Although I have never heard them, what about Harbeth's as an option?
You mentioned small footprint. I am totally biased, but the Gallo Ref. 3.1s are a small-footprint speaker with ENORMOUS sound capability. And you can buy them from Audiogon for $1400-2500/pr. - well within your budget.

Research them, I think you'll be impressed...

-RW-