Schit Audio Marketing Department: Can We Give them a Hand?

The people at Schit Audio make high-value, good-sounding audio gear.  They also have a name that is …. a bit “usual”.  In visiting their website, Schit seems be open to “creative ideas” that leverage the power of their unusual name.  And they’ve also demonstrated the capacity to chuckle along with us at times.  All good indicators there is somebody home.

So, what if some of the brightest (okay, weirdest) minds around come up with ideas to solidify their brand?  Maybe they would give our group some free stuff, and we could have a lotto or raffle for a good cause?  Or just give us contributors a good deal on a nice piece to shoehorn into a rack between some of our existing gear?

At any rate, here’s a few ideas for products and services to get the ball rolling:

GIVE-A-Schit:  Gift card.  The purchaser could print out a hard copy of the receipt and prove to others that they actually do give-a-schit.

Schit TOGETHER: Interconnects.

Schit SHINOLA:  Detox and terminal cleaner.  Might be some trademark issues here, so got to be careful on this one.

HOLY Schit:  While this certainly sets a high standard for performance, some may view this as blasphemous.  So, might be best to stay away from this one?

Schit HAPPENS:  Service/Tech support

Schit STORM:  A new product (undefined category) that takes the market by storm.

DEEP Schit:  Bass enhancement product or future subwoofer amp or speaker.

Schit HAPPEN(ING)S:  Newletter and/or events calendar

Schit HITS THE FAN:  Active cooling products

.. and, finally,

Schit ER:  Yes, just “ER” (pronounced “eerrr” as in “her”).  Perhaps a refillable disc or stylus cleaning solution in 1 oz bottle, with an accompanying 16oz master bottle.  With the refill is complete, you can proclaim: “Schit ER’s full!”

Your turn.

128x128waytoomuchstuff

@ghdprentice It appears that I may have overestimated Schiit's value as an A'Gon friendly brand.  My bad.

Sometimes my inner 9-year-old wants to come out and play and the urge is very powerful.  I should do a better job of putting "him" in the corner and taking a time out.

In reading your other posts, it appears that you are an adventurer.  While our pursuits are less dynamic, we've driven the wheels off our small motorhome since retirement in 2016 and take our bikes everywhere.  We've logged lots of cycling miles on those 30-mile, relatively flat road, adventures.  I also spend one day per week with my tech trying to keep good gear from going into the dumpster.  I've learned to never underestimate the emotional attachment owners have to their hifi gear -- especially those pieces formally belonging to deceased relatives.

Thanks for your contribution to what could be the least popular post in A'Gon history.  

- John

OP,

I don’t think anything unpopular or bad about this post. Raising awareness of a good sounding Made in America brand is not a bad thing. If I was just starting out it is a great brand for the money… as little as I like the name.

Glad to talk to a fellow adventurer. Yes, I have been an adventurer all my life. I have been fortunate enough to take a year or more off four times during my career as well as have careers that allowed me to explore the outdoors and travel the world as well as put together a great system. I am a very luck person.

@valinar 

Thanks for the mild comment.

I was expecting brutal rebuttals with statements like: "Who's the dumb/dip Schiit that started this thread?"

That's what you were thinking?

In that case, thanks for taking it easy on me.