S/N ratio vs. dishes and stupid cats.

Anybody else find all their informed decisions and money spent on component selection for that elusive synergy squandered by hungry whiny cats and the sound of kitchen cleaning in the background? I really appreciate it when my wife cleans up but the soundstage completely collapses when she runs the disposer.
bizango1
BTW I do have a man cave. That does not seem to matter or have any effect. I could try to move the cave to the basement but from time to time the basement gets wet so I think not.
My problem is not from within the house, but from the street with the idiots and their subwoofers passing by. The other problem is nieghborhood barking dogs. Why would anyone want a creature that leaves crap everywhere and uncontrollably produces loud sharp noises? Get a goldfish for crying out loud! And these punks with their crap cars that tripled their value when they added their stereo! What ever happend to noise ordinances? Oh and I guess the refridgerator does make a humming noise once and a while.
Another PITA audio assault for some is house water softener, especially in backwash mode. The more modern life becomes, the more noise intrudes in life.
Why would anyone want a creature that leaves crap everywhere and uncontrollably produces loud sharp noises?

That's why I never wanted children!
Simple... when you're listening just tell your wife to go to her room and the cat will follow. You can try asking nicely first but if that doesn't work just put your foot down. You're the "man," right?