rowland 102 reviews? ice powered

Has anyone compared this to the well-reviewed Channel Island or Bel canto models? I was planning on trading my Opera Consonance tube amp for one of them, but I can't find any reviews of the rowland, so I don't know how it fits into the hierarchy. Appreciate it.
angaria

Showing 1 response by macrojack

I used to own two pairs of Rowland 201s. One pair powered my Goldmund speakers and the other pair powered my passive subs. They are very fine sounding amplifiers with all of the attributes listed above. Today I have different speakers and I use a Red Wine Audio Signature 30 amplifier. It is a TriPath design and competes with or surpasses anything else available today whether tube or SS. I'm sure most of you reading this will simply dismiss it as impossible but I would urge you to seek out reviews, check the Red Wine website and look up the user comments on other forums such as Audio Circle.
It has a DACT volume control and can be used as a single input integrated amp. If you want multiple inputs, Red Wine makes an input switcher. You will be very surprised to see how affordable state of the art has become.