Returning to Vinyl

Now planning a return to vinyl listening after a nearly 40-year hiatus and need some basic help. Although I do still own a functional mid-fi system (Goldring GR1.2 TT with preinstalled arm, Goldring Elektra MM cart, Cambridge Duo phono pre), long gone are the battery-powered vibrating stylus cleaning brush, the Nitty Gritty record cleaning machine, the LAST LP treatment solution with the big wide application brush, and even the MHS archive-quality replacement sleeves. I know there are several cleaning machines on the market and am willing to spend something reasonable (<$1k), but beyond that I'm clueless.
Q1. How necessary is a cleaning machine for an occasional (say, 3x/mo.) vinyl listener with irreplaceable LPs?
Q2. If needed, which product delivers most bang for the buck? 
Q3. Same questions re stylus cleaning devices.
Q4. Same questions re record preservation treatments.
Q5. Tracking/alignment/pressure have not been checked or adjusted since acquisition despite two moves. Are there still shops performing these services? 

Advance thanks for all useful advice.
hickamore
Most helpful! Having fun and enjoying the music (recordings) is my aim. Can't make it a career myself, but eager to learn from those who can.
Millercarbon gives great advice, and I'll add that VTF is critical with many cartridges, so a stylus force gauge like the Riverstone is essential to proper setup. Inexpensive and worth every penny:

https://www.amazon.com/Riverstone-Audio-Record-Level-Turntable-Resolution/dp/B01N7H52GL
armstrod
Looks like a nifty device which maybe even I can learn to use. Some DIY will be necessary for me, living far from metro hotbeds and not wanting to haul delicate TTs around on road trips. But where do I find mfr's recommended VTF for any particular cartridge? Maybe online somewhere? Need to begin by cleaning and optimizing the cart I've got before considering upgrades.
How many records do you have? You can go to any retail web site like Elusive Disc and the VTF will be in the Cartridge's Specs.