Replacing Emotiva XPA-2 & XPA-5 power amps in HT system with class D

So I am considering replacing the hot running, power sucking, large Emotiva power amps in my main room home theater system with one single 7 channel class d amp.
Any good suggestions?
I do like the idea on the d-sonic 7 channel amps where they can have much more power on the front 2 or 3 channels as surrounds usually do not need 200w or more!
Anybody have good experiences?
Thank you
128x128uberwaltz

Showing 2 responses by 213runnin

There are several brands that feature class D.  Wyred 4 Sound.  Bel Canto, Red Dragon, Class D Audio.  Although for your purposes, Wyred and Class D audio would be the best option for multi channel amps(buying 2 of the 4 channel Class D audio).  

Uberwaltz, I must have missed your post in which you mention purchasing the Nuforce.  It sounds like quite an upgrade.  I experienced a similar improvement over my Emotiva XPA amp a few years ago.  I too have a separate 2 channel set up and found that Parasound Halo Series is superior from top to bottom frequencies, and looks a lot nicer to boot.

I didn't have weight considerations, but reading yours and other impressions on class D, I have to admit in being more open to checking it out.  I've been reluctant towards class D.