replacement for MOFI beatles box set

Hello all,

a while back my wife said to sell the box set to fund a weekend getaway. Of course I duly obliged. Now she’s regretting it and wants me to replace the box set.

Not willing to spend that chunk of change for the MOFI ( plus I’ve always thought it a tad bright ), does anyone have any experience with the new re-issues out there. Doesn’t have to a box set ( I’ll buy single slabs of vinyl but the sound quality has to be very close to that of the MOFIs ). Vinyl only of course.

Appreciate any advice

Cheers, Crazy Bill

wrm0325

I would recommend the 50th anniversary editions of the titles that have been released so far

Also in the early stereo mixes the bass or bottom end is almost nonexistent and the panning of mono tracks/ instruments  to the left and right speakers is not an enjoyable or natural sounding experience for me. 
Good luck on your replacement

Willy-T

Post removed 

If you’re looking for SQ and excellent re-engineering, check out the Beatles Love 2 LP set.  I find it much more interesting and better SQ than the originals.  I got mine new for $50.  Only Abbey Road interests me among the originals.