Reimyo CDP-777 vs Ayon CD-5

I am curious if any Audiogoner's have had the opportunity to compare these two great redbook players? Both warm, analogue sounding and both pushing the limits of redbook design, though from different schools of thought; one being solid state & the other being a tube design.

There is no doubt the Reimyo is built around a great transport, but do the virtues of Ayon's Skylla-based player put it on a level pegging?
melbguy1

Showing 1 response by mikhaelkuz

Sorry to wake up thread so old, but I have a qustion to @melbguy1 :
In another thread I read that you retubed AYON CD-5. I wonder what tubed have you used and what was the result - Ayon mentioned in their literature that they hand picked 6H30 tubes (but dunno whcih ones).
I absolutely LOVE sound of my AYON CD-5, but if there is a way to improve upon it via tweaking I am all for it ))).
As of discussion - I never owned Reimyo, but I used before OPPO 105, who many people on this form swear by. The difference was so obvious and tremendous that my wife immediately recognized when I switch it.. from another room! Talking about night and day - that was really night and day.
Dunno if there better transports - but mine is very quiet and reliable (however I use 80% of the time AYON as DAC).