Record Revirginizer

Hello all,

So in anticipation of getting my first turntable I've been buying records from different sources.I bought an expensive first pressing of an old Genesis Lp off a guy on Ebay and he recommended that I give it a good cleaning before I play it. I asked about record cleaning machines and he said he's been using "Record Revirginizer" with good results.

Anybody ever hear of this stuff?

Mike
128x128mikeba316

Showing 4 responses by mikeba316

Casey,

Th album in question is sealed NM lp. The guy recommended to clean even before first play. He said that even with the initial play the needle can push in any contaminant that may be on the album surface and make it harder to clean later.

I have no idea if this is true or not.

I ordered some of this stuff, but also a Loricraft PRC-3.

So my first tt is a restored Garrard 301 with Steve Dobbins plinth, copper platter, Reed 2P arm with CocaBolo wood and the Allinic Puritas cartdridge.

To say I'm stoked to get into vinyl would be a huge understatement.
Rockitman,

For sure. I just ordered a couple of bottles just to see. Too expensive for a regular use type of thing for sure. Especially since you have to pay shipping from Australia!
Elizabeth,

Thanks for you thoughtful yet sad response!

I never actually planned to get into vinyl. A friend brought over his modest rig a couple of months ago while our wives had a "girls" night out. He has a great collection and we A/B'd some of his albums to SACD's of mine played on my expensive PD MPS-5. I was enchanted by that "analog" sound I've been hearing about for so long.I hope it wasn't just the wine playing tricks on me.

Anyways, so instead of putting my dollars towards a top notch music server system as planned, I went analog instead.

I for sure will go the music server way in the future. I also predict that most of my listening years from now will be from downloaded music. But I figure a couple more years to let the dust settle won't hurt. And a really cool looking tt rig will look awesome in my living room also. A conversation starter for sure!