Recommendation for a second arm/cartridge combo

Folks, I'm looking to install a second arm/cartridge combo on my C/A Maximum Solution table. Plan is to use my current arm/cartridge (Graham 2.2 + C/A Victory H) as the 'daily driver' and install a second arm for more intimate listening sessions. I initially considered the C/A TQ series linear tracking arms, but other pivot models, i.e. Schroder Reference or Dynavector 507, have caught my attention as well. The phono stage is a Klyne 7PX5 feeding a tubed F/S Paramount SE linestage, into a Rowland 302, into Eidolon Diamonds.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations the forum gurus can offer.
ca2284

Showing 3 responses by ca2284

listen mostly to jazz (about 50%), followed by classical (about 30%), then an even split between classic rock and country. I like the idea of the Graham Phantom as the main, then the 2.2 as the secondary due primarily to the ease of setup and my familiarity with Graham. However, I would welcome recommendations on other brands/types as well as cartridge matching. I'm looking to spend about $7k on the arm/cartridge combo but have some flexibility.

Cornfedboy, you probably have the 'anniversary' edition of the Master Solution since you're using it with the Synchro. The Maximum solution has 3 motors and comes with the C/A APG motor controller. Question: How do you switch from listening to one arm to the the other, do you just remove/reconnect the 5-pin DIN connector from one arm to the other? How do you deal with the phonostage in terms of load and output? Unless the Benz and Koetzu have similar load requirements and output specifications, wouldn't you have to make adjustments to the phonostage everytime you switch (not a problem with some preamps, i.e., Manley or Rhea, as they are easily adjustable)? Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Thanks, Dougdeacon. Is Galibier the sole distributor for Schroeder? If I go with the Schroeder Reference/ZYX R100 combo, I know I'll be kicking myself down the road for not getting the UNIverse but $10k is also a lot of coin. If I compromise and do a Schroeder Reference with a ZYX Airy 3 (or 2), would that work? You seem to have plenty of experience in the ZYX line. Thanks again.
Thanks for your responses, Flyingred, Cornfedboy, Doug and Raul. I'm about 90% sure on the Schroeder arm but still contemplating on the cartridge. I wish auditioning tonearm/cartridge combos was just as easy and simple as auditioning CD players. There are just too many variables in an analog setup. Anyway, I'll think long and hard about this and hopefully be able to make a decision based on your recommendations and feedback. Thanks again.