Recommend which SPU?

I'm currently using a Lyra Delos on a SME M2-12r mounted on a Thorens 124 and I want to get a second cartridge. Any suggestion as to which SPU would give me a nice amount of SPU-ness... something that's a nice entree into the SPU world?
dhcod
I sometimes use a Royal GM MkII with that tonearm and like it a lot. At just 0.2mV, it requires a pretty good, high gain phono sage or a 1:30 SUT, in my experience.
@dhcod interesting question. I asked myself some years ago.

The worst SPU ever (IMO) is Classic GM MK2 with conical tip, i was influensed by the hype and reviews from those people who call it "musical cartridge" as opposite to "high-end" cartridges. Tried it on Schick "12 tonearm designed for SPU and realized that i clearly prefer high-end cartridges and will never buy anything with conical tip again! Therefore my next SPU was Limited Edition (Japan only) model called Ortofon SPU Spirit with rare 9N copper coil and elliptical tip, this model is much better!

But i agree with @wrm57 that Ortofon SPU Royal G mk2 is the way to go, simply because ONLY this SPU has Ortofon Replican 100 stylus (similar to Fritz Gyger) - this is the most advanced stylus profile nowadays. You can read my thoughts here: http://www.ukaudiomart.com/details/649386068-rare-ortofon-spu-royal-g-mkii-with-replicant-100-stylus...

I no longer use SPU and Schick, the only heavy tonearm i use now is Lustre GST-801 and it’s busy with FR-7f cartridge.
@dhcod well, It’s two different cartridges. The SPU Royal GM model was released in 1998 to celebrate the Ortofon 80 year anniversary, the Royal G is MK 2 version of that cartridge. There was also a universal Royal N model (without SPU headshell).

As you can see my sample is Royal G MKII as stamped on the warranty card with serial number (not the earlier Royal GM version). Even the boxes are different, the G MKII is an improved version, this particular sample made for high demanding Japanese market, there are so many followers of the SPU in Japan.

Visually the earlier SPU Royal GM version is frosted (loow at headshell).

While the improved later version called Ortofon SPU Royal G MK2 is luxury gloss lacquer body!
This MK2 version is much more expensive, official Ortofon’s retail was 2200 Euro when it was released, they goes for $2600 (if the cartridge is unused) nowadays.

You can find both (an old GM and improved G MKII) on ebay to compare design and prices.
@chakster , I think dhcod might have been speaking to the dissimilarity of the names, yours and mine: the Royal G MkII v. Royal GM MkII. I’m guessing they are identical, perhaps with the "G" marketed in Japan, but I could be wrong.

Here’s the one I have:

https://www.ortofon.com/spu-royal-gm-mkii-p-459-n-1579