Received my Wadia i170 transport today.

Just wondering if anyone else has received one? Impressions? I'll post my impressions in a few days.
128x128jpainter236
Hi Jpainter 236

I am having a similar problem. I get a data lock but no music with either one of my DAC's. I have updated firmware etc. The weird thing is when the unit is plugged in, I can get analog out for a few seconds, then no music, ipod is still playing. When I unplug the i170, the music comes back. Have you heard from Wadia yet about this issue?
I received my Wadia iTransport yesterday and thought I’d give you my impressions. First of all, keep in mind that I’m new to all this audio stuff, so I not sporting the high quality audio gear you all seem to have. I have a very low budget starter system (Marantz SR3001 HT Receiver, Paradigm Studio 20 fronts, Paradigm Studio CC470 center, PDR10 subwoofer and Atom rears), using my iPhone. (I’m looking now at Rotel separate components to replace my Marantz and iPod Classic to replace my iPhone ... any thoughts?)

The iTransport is easy to set up, just plug in the digital connection, power and was playing music in just a few minutes. One note on using an iPhone, it has to set to Airplane Mode “on” to work.

The sound quality was about CD quality. It seems that a CD my be slightly better, sounding just a little fuller, slightly more refined. I’m sure the sound quality could be improved with better components. Anyway, the benefits of having an entire CD collection at my fingertip far outweigh the slight quality loss. Also, creating custom playlists, etc. So, is the iTransport would the $379.00 price tag? I’d say yes.
My 170 iTransport was working fine with my iPhone, until I got the new 3G iPhone. Now it doesn't work properly. It keeps disconnecting at random times. Airplane mode shuts off, and the little chime sounds like when you are plugging it in to charge it. Then the message displays again (as normal) about airplane mode blah blah. So I'm thinking there is a connection issue with the plug, perhaps some slight difference in pins?
Can anyone please explain if or why this configuration should outperform Foobar or iTunes on a laptop exported through USB to an external DAC?

I care about sound quality, but I don't care about playlists and I don't care about consolidating my music collection on a handheld device.

Thank you,
We have a 40gig Ipod dock model. I can't seem to get a straight answer from Wadia. Will this model work with the i170?