Reasonable high end interconnects: without breaking the bank

I am in the process of updating my audio equipment and have realized my interconnects are probably not up to snuff; I use the ones provided by the manufacturers.  My current set up includes a Leben cs600 amplifier, California audio lab Icon Mark II CD player, Linn Akurate Streamer, Feikert Volare Table and Spendor SP1 speakers ( in final stages of upgrade to either Audio Note E, Devore O93 or Joseph Profile).  I have been investigating interconnects and have a bit of sticker shock.  So any suggestions on interconnects that won't  bankrupt me?  Is silver truly preferable to copper with respect to resolution and detail?
Thanks
MP

mpomerantz
I demoed a number of cables from The Cable Company Library.  I would strongly suggest doing this.  I ended up with the Cardas Clear Reflection but tried out 5 other cables ranging in price from about $1000 to $3000.  I was surprised at the result because the Cardas wasn't even a consideration initially but was suggested by the sales rep I was talking to.  In the end there are differences and you probably have some preferences to what is important to you in listening.  For me the Cardas was the best mix of everything I liked but cables are system dependent so there is obviously not one good answer.   Also, I would definitely suggest going XLR if you have that option with your equipment.  As to $15 cables vs. $1500 cables, it depends on you and your system.  Some systems can resolve better then others.  Some people can tell the difference between a Steinway and a Burgdorfer piano on a recording, some can't or don't care.  What I have found in a good high end system set up correctly is a difference in the things that are more nuanced than just bass, loudness and clarity, things like sound stage, timbre, tonal balance-for me the $15 cables just don't do it.  In the end, what I enjoy is that on a good recording, my listening room really does disappear and becomes a different sonic space and vocals and instruments are palpable.  

There are a lot of great suggestions here. The Cable Co. Library is a good resource as well. One suggestion I will make that I have not seen mentioned is THALES. Designed by Swiss watchmakers who meticulously craft the this cable to be the ultimate connector. 

Although they are probably more expensive than you originally expected to spend, these cables will out perform cables that cost 3 to 4x their MRSP price.  

These cables essentially disappear into the sound system. They accurately reveal a rich, musical, transparent, enormously detailed sound stage that is all together silent.

They could very well be the last Cables you ever invest in.

http://www.tonarm.ch/en/products/accessoires

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649309042-thales-precision-interconnect-cables-rca-to-rca-15-meter/

If name dropping helps - IMHO preferred them over these companies in descending order -
$$$$    Stage 3 Concepts
$$$$    Transparent
$$$      Analysis Plus
$$$$    Synergistic Research
$$$$    Nordost
$$$      Kimber
$$$$    MIT
$$        Audioquest

Good Luck