Raidho D3 vs Magico Q3

Any thoughts on these two speakers.  Or Raidho vs. Magico in general.  I listen mainly to Jazz, combo, vocals, some big band. Next Blues and Classic Rock.  Some classical, mainly piano. 
Thanks 
Ag insider logo xs@2xlesteryoung

Showing 1 response by ejr1953

A few months ago I ended my quest to upgrade my speakers, auditioning models from these two brands in the process.

Before listening to the Magico's, the salesman asked if I preferred "analytic" speakers or one's which were "musical".  I'd never heard it posed that way..."musical" was my answer.

I much preferred the sound of the Raidho's (though I eventually purchased something else), I found them to sound much more "musical" to me.

I thought the Magico's need to be driven hard to sound good, not so with the Raidho's.  Both seemed to have outstanding sound stage and detail.  The shop originally had the Raidho's driven by a tube amp, but the other customer thought they sounded "dull" and the dealer said the tubes needed replacement, hooked a modestly-powered power amp to them and (to me) they sounded better.  I was thinking the ribbon tweeters in the Raidho's would be "too much" but did not find that to be the case.