Radikal Linn LP12 or Palmer 2.5?

The motor of my 25 year old LP12 just conked out and I was planning to use this as an opportunity to get it keeled and radikalized, until I recently went to an audio show and heard a Palmer 2.5 with an Origami arm that sounded fabulous.  I’ve never heard a fully upgraded LP12, but I’ve been living with my Cirkus/Ekos/Linto/Lingo version for some time.  After hearing the Palmer, I thought it might be time for a new direction, but I understand the Linn upgrades to be quite dramatic. I probably won’t be able to do a A/B comparison, so if anyone out there has has a chance to directly compare the two, I would love to hear your thoughts.  This is going to be a big expenditure for me either way and it will likely be my last turntable, so thanks in advance for any insights you may be willing to share.
latenitecity
Thanks, daveyf.  I’ve heard about the LP12’s incompatibility with certain types of arms (SME arms are often used as an example). That’s why I will stick with my Ekos or, more likely, upgrade to an Ekos SE, rather than take my chances with another brand (though when I first bought the LP12 many moons ago it was fitted with a Rega RB300 to good effect).

Likewise, if I go with the Palmer I will most likely buy it with the Origami arm since that is what the manufacturer recommends and because that was the arm in play when I first heard the Palmer and was so impressed by it.  Again, it’s hard to sort out all the synergistic factors that made that experience so positive since it was a combination of the TT, the arm, the cartridge (d/k), the electronics (Vinnie Rossi), the speakers (Harbeth), the room, and probably my mood at the time.  My associated equipment is different and my mood is ever-changing, so ultimately my decision will be something of a crap shoot. But what else is new about this nutty hobby!
@latenitecity. Great post, and so very true. What you heard was a culmination of the various pieces of gear and the room/ your mood at the time. Would this hold for your current room and gear...who knows? 
When I heard the Palmer, ( on two different occasions) I wasn’t as impressed as I was expecting to be. Probably because of the hype that the dealer ( who I very much respect) had given it before hand. 
Not that the table is bad, just that it really was not better than my experience with the LP12 Magik deck that a friend owns. Again, maybe it was the ancillary gear, also Harbeth ( which btw can sound amazing) or perhaps it was the room..or who knows?  Crazy hobby, like you stated.
As we both know, a home audition of the Palmer in your system would probably be an excellent idea, before committing to buy.
......….Linn also recommends to let the stylus clean the record which nobody else advises either...….I believe the source or cartridge should be upgraded first especially since I already have a Lingo.  After all The Lingo or Radical is performing the same function albeit by means of AC or DC Servo. So the dealer rig bested my table but I extend most of that to the Kandid, Keel, and size of the listening room and then then maybe the Radikal or Ekos SE.  Also my system is all tubes but the dealer used solid state with some phono stage mono blocks which I had never heard of nor afford but the soundstage was absolutely huge and the detail was phenomenal.  I listened to a Pablo recording of Milt Jackson then a re-issue of Ben Webster and Sarah Vaughn.   I would not hesitate to get the Keel/Kandid but would take my time with the Radikal, and/or Ekos SE.  I've had my table for >20 yrs btw  
 @xagwell The Radikal increases the speed accuracy and timing over the Lingo. IME, speed accuracy is going to be more audible than what a better cartridge brings. YMMV.