Questionable Tweak

Someone on Audiogon mentioned using an air purifier to improve the sound of their system. I dragged my wife's purifier into my listening area, cranked it up, and.......,no change at all. They said it removes dust particles,to improve the sound. Has anyone ever heard of this?Is there any science to back this up?

rockysantoro

tablejockey:

Yes, and I saw 2 pairs of them (different occasions) @ the Goodwill across from Live Cheetah's in East Hollywood (pre-Covid, so maybe in 2018/2019).

I would have picked up a pair (think they were around $60) but knew that our cats would kill them as soon as I fell asleep.

My favorite part of Rodney's show was him trying to remember the songs that he had just played (we would applaud if he got them all).

DeKay

Post removed 

....no wonder the shop system sounds great when we've had a spell of sanding wood all day with the doors closed, the ac on, and everything turns a lighter shade of pale brown....

Yes, The Band pun intended, but hard on the lungs.  Even dust masks start to look fuzzy....

This is the best tweak of them all:

Also trim your ear hairs. They each have their individual osscillation frequency and when excited by air vibrations they distort the sound.

Drag your wife into the listening room instead.  You may find a big sound improvement.